ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
Why ISO 14001:2015 Certification?
ISO 14001 certification (Environmental management systems) is internationally reconginized process driven method to controlling those aspects of organisation that have a significant impact on the environment.The system is developed to make business owners and stake holders to be more aware of their environmental responsibilities, including legal and regulatory requirements, and being capable to manage and control associated environmental risks.
An environmental management system can be implemented to any business of any size, in any given sector, to establish the organization’s commitments to on environmental issues. It assist organization to reduce its waste and carbon footprint significantly, therefore minimizing organisation’s environmental liability. ISO 14001 certification assist organization to reduce waste generation, from raw materials to energy consumption, throughout its supply chain process resulting in reducing the operational cost.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Standard
- Reduce, reuse and recycle approach to make considerable cost reductions as well the potential to reduce of liability
- Enhance and improve organisation’s eco-friendly initiatives within the local community and to potential investors
- Reduce the impact of your operational activities on the environment by implementing best environmental practices
- Increased environmental awareness within the organization
- Reduces environmental related incidents thereby protect the community
Steps to obtain ISO 14001 Certification
- Application review
- Contract review and audit date announcement.
- Stage 1 Audit : Management systems review to ensure the readiness for certification
- Stage 2 Audit: SAB Certifications shall perform on-site audit to verify the established system and its compliance with Standard and legal requirements.
- Closure of Findings: The organization shall close all the findings derived from the audit process by sharing the root cause and corrective action report.
- Issuance of Certificate and Certification Mark: SAB Certifications shall issue ISO 14001 certification and certification mark with relevant usage policy.
- Surveillance audits: Surveillance audit shall be performed by the SAB Certification as scheduled. The audit plan will be shared with client 30 days before the audit due date.